LIVE ON, the Gulf Coast Synod’s endowment fund, is encouraging congregations to make time during September to focus on the power of endowments and legacy giving to support the mission and ministries of faith communities and the synod.
“We have rebranded the Mission Endowment Fund as ‘LIVE ON—Funding Lutheran Leaders to help people understand how their gifts help the church in many ways,” said Pastor Steve Quill, LIVE ON chair. “During 2015, our endowment made $90,000 in grants that provided financial aid for future leaders during their seminary years, funding for campus ministry in Houston, Brazos Valley, and Louisiana, backing for new and emerging faith communities, and seed money for new and innovative ministries. Since inception, the fund has awarded grants totaling $750,000.”
LIVE ON has several suggestions for congregations that want to increase awareness of the fund’s activities:
- Designate September as a time to give to LIVE ON
- Select a Sunday in September for a special offering for LIVE ON
- Invite a volunteer representative or a grant recipient to your congregation to share their stories on the impact of LIVE ON funding
- Motivate your congregation to establish an endowment for ministry outreach
- Encourage members of your congregation to consider annual and planned giving support for the LIVE ON ministry
- Obtain posters, bulletin announcements, video, and other resources from our website
- Spread the word. Like us on Facebook.
If you need information or want a LIVE ON board member or grant recipient to visit your church and talk more about the benefits of the fund, please contact Pastor Quill, 713.249.8470.
Legacy Giving will have big impact on either the fund or any Lutheran ministry. For more information, contact the synod’s gift planner, Lizbeth Johnson, 713.775.1595.